2nd Century Ptolemaic Glass Bead Strands
- Authentic Ptolemaic 2nd to 4th century AD hand wound beads.
- Carried along important Islamic Trade Routes from Persia to Egypt into Sudan and The West African Kingdom of Mali.
- These extremely fine examples were found in Mali, West Africa where they are highly valued Heirloom Beads and Dowry Currency. A necklace is often assembled bead by bead over a period of years and decades.
- Strand Length : Approx. 26"
- Bead Size : 10 x 9mm to 16 x 15mm
- These extremely rare, fine examples were stung on fresh cotton cord by our staff in New York City.
- Please specify which strand you would like to purchase as indicated in the selection below.