Prayer Scroll "Copper Man" Takrut Power Figure
- "Takrut" is a type of rolled sheet metal amulet usually shaped like a stick or cylinder. The metal sheets are inscribed with magic words and symbols which are believed to strengthen and protect the powers of the wearer from physical wounds or bodily damage, as well as ward off any evil or black magic. A particularly masculine amulet, the Takrut is mentioned in Thai folklore to deflect and protect the wearer against attack by weapons. Takrut means literally "magic stick".
- This "Copper Man" was constructed to act as a Warrior/ Protector to the owner that reveres and cares for it.
- Takrut are historically worn by warriors, athletes, and people exposed to danger or having dangerous professions. According to Thai folklore, they have the power to render the wearer Invincible.
- Thai people believe in the healing properties of copper metal (in Thai language "thong daeng" means red gold) ot ease pain and defend the body against disease.
- Measure approx
- Material: rolled sheet copper connected by cotton cord
- Origin is Thailand
- Bead sizes range from (11mm x 12mm) to (12mm x 18mm)