Prayer Bead "Takrut" in Iron with Inlaid Brass Inscription
- "Takrut" is a type of rolled sheet or hand hammered metal amulet usually shaped like a stick or cylinder. The metal is inscribed with magic words and symbols which are believed to strengthen and protect the powers of the wearer from physical wounds or bodily damage, as well as ward off any evil or black magic. Being made from iron, this Takrut is also believed to bring out the strength, courage and hardness within the wearer. A particularly masculine amulet, the Takrut is mentioned in Thai folklore to deflect and protect the wearer against attack by weapons. Takrut means literally "magic stick".
- Takrut are historically worn by warriors, athletes, and people exposed to danger or having dangerous professions. According to Thai folklore, they have the power to render the wearer Invincible.
- Measure approx
- Material: hand hammered iron lovingly inlaid with a brass protective rune and threaded on a braided cotton cord.
- Origin is Thailand
- Bead size approx. (Barrel shape 35mm x 28mm) (Round beads approx. 11.5mm)
- Length with cord: End to End approx. 39"